Haven Physical Therapy opened its doors on February 1, 2013, even though its owner, Stuart Leerssen, Licensed Physical Therapist, has been working as a physical therapist in Nashwauk since 2003. Haven Physical Therapy offers patient care that is tailored to meet the specific needs and goals of each individual to help improve mobility and each individual’s quality of life.
To provide the highest quality of rehabilitation services in an ethical and efficient manner by compassionate practitioners who are skilled at the art and science of physical therapy practice, with one-to-one care to help individuals achieve their rehabilitative goals in order to achieve their maximum level of physical function and optimal independence.
AMERICAN PHYSICAL THERAPY ASSOCIATE (APTA) CODE OF ETHICS:
Haven Physical Therapy has adopted the principles of the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) Code of Ethics to meet the core values of the APTA, which include compassion, integrity, altruism, professional duty, excellence, accountability, and social responsibility.
- Physical therapists shall respect the dignity and rights of all individuals.
- Physical therapists shall be trustworthy and compassionate in addressing the rights and needs of patients/clients.
- Physical therapists shall be accountable for sound judgments.
- Physical therapists shall demonstrate integrity in their relationships with patients/clients, families, colleagues, students, research participants, other health care providers, employers, and payers.
- Physical therapists shall fulfill their legal and professional obligations.
- Physical therapists shall enhance their expertise through the lifelong acquisition and refinement of knowledge, skills, abilities, and professional behaviors.
- Physical therapists shall promote organizational behaviors and business practices that benefit patients / clients and society.
- Physical therapists shall participate in efforts to meet the health needs of people locally, nationally or globally.